City National Arena has seen its immensely popular youth programming return to play in a way that’s safe and secure for all participants.
With Lifeguard Arena in Henderson officially opening its doors on November 10, the Golden Knights will have another state-of-the-art venue in the Valley. Both facilities adhere to best-in-class protocols regarding personal protective equipment, sanitizing and cleaning, face coverings, distancing and occupancy.
Below is a full rundown of the youth programming currently being offered in both Summerlin and Henderson. All schedules and availabilities are subject to change.
Open skates are available most days of the week at City National Arena, with a maximum of 50 skaters allowed on the ice per session to ensure safe social distancing. All participants must reserve and pay for their spot online before arrival. For a full schedule of open skates and to reserve a spot today, visit citynationalarena.com/open-skate. Lifeguard Arena in Henderson’s Open Skate policy is the same as City National Arena, with consistent weekend Open skate hours. For details visit lifeguardarena.com/open-skate.
Learn to Skate
Lifeguard Arena is currently taking registrations for its current eight-week LTS program. The all-new rink in Henderson has a variety of skating academies for each age group. Adults can learn the fundamentals of skating as well by visiting lifeguardarena.com/learn-to-skate.
NHL Learn to Play
Both City National Arena and Lifeguard Arena are accepting registrations for those ready to get a stick in their hands after learning to skate. For more information on the NHL’s Learn to Play program in Summerlin or Henderson, visit citynationalarena.com/nhl-ltp.
Welcome to the Lil’ Knights program, powered by The D Las Vegas. The Development Model is second to none and the professional coaching staff takes great pride is running this program, designed to foster the foundational skills for players to move into the Junior Golden Knights Hockey League.
About the program:
- We have developed a model to ensure that all our players have FUN!
- We keep a consistent schedule of weekly skills sessions and weekend games
- Our coaching staff is prepared, extremely engaged and knowledgeable
- Planned progression development is at the core of our Lil’ Knights program
- Each weeknight skill session has our players learn and improve on the four basic skills of hockey: Skating, Puck-Handling, Passing and Shooting
- Each player receives instruction on proper technique and opportunity to practice those skills in an organized and challenging setting
- Saturday or Sunday is game day, formatted as 4v4 cross ice games with goalies — allowing all players to “discover” the skills they practiced during the weekday session in a fun and unstructured environment
- We take great pride in hosting the Lil’ Knights program presented by The D Las Vegas and believe our two-skates-a-week format is the best development model for the players
For more information on the Lil’ Knights, visit citynationalarena.com/lil-knights.
Junior Golden Knights Hockey League
The JGKHL has teams at City National Arena and Lifeguard Arena, serving all age groups from 8U through High School. Interested players can contact the Hockey Directors at either facility to get information on joining a team by visiting https://www.citynationalarena.com/page/show/5789119-jr-knights-league-2020-2021-.