With a track record of success in finance, sports, hospitality and more, Bill Foley has established himself as one of the nation’s leading businessmen and philanthropists.
Today, Bill serves in a variety of capacities for a wide array of business interests. He is the Chairman of the Foley Entertainment Group, which was formed in 2021 and features a variety of properties including the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, the AHL’s Henderson Silver Knights, the IFL’s Vegas Knight Hawks, The Dollar Loan Center, the Hotel Les Mars, Hotel Californian, Black Walnut Inn & Vineyard and Whitefish Mountain Resort.
Bill and his wife Carol are active in many charitable endeavors, especially those in support of children’s education. Among the organizations Bill and his family have founded and leads are the Foley Family Charitable Foundation, the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation and the Folded Flag Foundation.
Some of his other major accomplishments and roles include:
- The Chairman of the Board for Fidelity National Financial, Executive Chairman of Dun & Bradstreet, Chairman of the Board of Alight, a health, wealth and payroll company.
- A world-class vintner and the founder and managing partner of Foley Family Wines – a top 5 luxury wine producer in the United States – and the Foley Food & Wine Society.
- Chairman of Glacier Restaurant Group, LLC, the largest restaurant business headquartered in Montana.
- Chairman of Whitefish Mountain Resort, a top 10 ski area in North America.
- Developer of the Rock Creek Cattle Company, a 30,000-acre working Montana ranch, featuring diverse homesteads, a well-appointed lodge for recreation and dining, and an exceptional golf course designed by Tom Doak that has been named among America’s top 100 golf courses by Golf Digest.
Bill is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point with a degree in engineering who went on to serve in the U.S. Air Force, attaining the rank of captain. He earned an MBA from Seattle University and a law degree from the University of Washington. In 2016, Bill received the Distinguished Graduate Award from the United States Military Academy at West Point based on his character, distinguished service, and stature drawing wholesome comparison to the qualities for which West Point strives, in keeping with its motto: “Duty, Honor, Country.”