HENDERSON (March 15, 2021) – Henderson Silver Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmonannounced today, March 15, that forward Marcus Kallionkieli has been reassigned to the Silver Knights from HIFK U20 of U20 SM-sarja, the top junior league in Finland.
Kallionkieli, 19, was selected by the Vegas Golden Knights in the fifth round (139th overall) of the 2019 NHL Draft. He has appeared in nine games this season with HIFK U20, posting a goal and five points. Kallionkieli also played with HIFK U20 in 2017-18, notching one assist in three games.
Prior to this season, the native of Helsinki, Finland played two seasons of junior hockey in North America. Kallionkieli appeared in 24 games for the Western Hockey League’s Brandon Wheat Kings in 2019-20, totaling a goal and 11 points. The 6-foot-2 forward also played in 58 games for the USHL’s Sioux City Musketeers in 2018-19, tallying 29 goals and 53 points, as well as a plus-13 rating. Kallionkieli was named to the USHL’s All-Rookie Team.
Kallionkieli signed a three-year entry level contract with the Vegas Golden Knights on July 31, 2019.
Marcus Kallionkieli, Forward
Birthplace: Helsinki, Finland
Weight: 194 lbs.
- One goal and five points in nine games this season with HIFK U20
- Ranked third in scoring with 53 points (29 G, 24 A) in 58 games for the Sioux City Musketeers during the 2018-19 season
- Named to the USHL All-Rookie Team for the 2018-19 season
- Was the Jr. B SM-sarja Champion in 2018 with HIFK U18
- Fifth-round selection (139th overall) of the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2019 NHL Draft
ABOUT THE HENDERSON SILVER KNIGHTS
The Henderson Silver Knights are the American Hockey League affiliate of the Vegas Golden Knights and is operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. For the latest news and information on the Silver Knights visit hendersonsilverknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.